The Tenement Museum Blog has launched a series of posts on food and immigration. I was intrigued by this “Bill of Fare for Thursday, December 28th, 1922″ from the Ellis Island dining room.
Twice a month, with news and events.
- An Interview with Russian Cookbook Author Anya von Bremzen
- Four Pounds Flour Featured on Serious Eats
- The History Dish: Washington’s Birthday
- Event: Burnin’ Down The Mouth: Sriracha, Ghost Peppers, and History of Heat
- Etsy Kitchen Histories: Ancient Hot Chocolate
- OK…So Where Have I Gone?
- Origin of a Dish: Brooklyn Blackout Cake
- Gift Guide: Give an Experience
- Etsy Kitchen Histories: Cookie Swap!
- Origin of a Dish: Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows (with a greatly improved recipe!)