The Tenement Museum Blog has launched a series of posts on food and immigration. I was intrigued by this “Bill of Fare for Thursday, December 28th, 1922″ from the Ellis Island dining room.
Twice a month, with news and events.
- The History Dish: Seven Hour Eggs
- The History Dish: Pearlash, The First Chemical Leavening
- Party Time Reenactor: How to Drink Like an Ancient Greek
- Drink Like a Colonial American Day
- Origin of a Dish: Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows (with a greatly improved recipe!)
- Appetite City: Schrafft’s Cheese Bread
- Tomorrow: Living Life as a 19th Century Servant
- The History Dish: Ambergris Ice Cream
- The History Dish: Moose Face
- Chocolate Delight: Tunnel of Fudge Cake
- History Dish: Maple Ice Cream and Maple Custard Pie
- Party Time Reenactor: Mad Men Fondue
- Events in May: Garlic and Booze!
- Video: Cooking from the Moosewood Cookbook with Jeffrey Marsh
- Etsy Kitchen Histories: Adventures in At-Home Cheesemaking
- The History Dish: Rosquetas de Naranja (Orange Doughnuts)
- NPR: Mourning the Matzo
- Masters of Social Gastronomy
- The History Dish: Chinese New Year Cookies
- Etsy: Perfume Cake