The Tenement Museum Blog has launched a series of posts on food and immigration. I was intrigued by this “Bill of Fare for Thursday, December 28th, 1922″ from the Ellis Island dining room.
Twice a month, with news and events.
- The History Dish: Seven Hour Eggs
- Origin of a Dish: Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows (with a greatly improved recipe!)
- The History Dish: Pearlash, The First Chemical Leavening
- Drink Like a Colonial American Day
- Tomorrow: Living Life as a 19th Century Servant
- Party Time Reenactor: How to Drink Like an Ancient Greek
- Appetite City: Schrafft’s Cheese Bread
- The History Dish: Moose Face
- The History Dish: Ambergris Ice Cream
- The History Dish: I Made Ambergris Ice Cream!
- Witches, Bread and LSD: The Story of Ergot
- Fall Events: Candy, Chocolate and Gin!
- Video: Distilling Brooklyn
- Podcast: Gastropod and Ice Cream!
- Tales of the Cocktail Day 4: Prehistoric Cocktails and Dale DeGroff
- Tales of the Cocktail Day 3: Rum and Pig
- Tales of the Cocktail Day 2: The Last Word and Old Bars of New York
- Tales of the Cocktail Live Blog Day 1
- Etsy: How to Make Gin
- The Gallery: Campfire Cooking Beyond Hotdogs