The latest Masters of Social Gastronomy podcast! Jonathan Soma of the Brooklyn Brainery will unravel the science behind inebriation, from the moment it hits your lips to your next-day regrets. Sarah Lohman, author of Four Pounds Flour, will unveil the history of drinking games, from Geisha Games to ancient Rock, Paper, Scissors.
Once a month, with news and events.
- The History Dish: Seven Hour Eggs
- Origin of a Dish: Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows (with a greatly improved recipe!)
- Tomorrow: Living Life as a 19th Century Servant
- The History Dish: Pearlash, The First Chemical Leavening
- Drink Like a Colonial American Day
- Party Time Reenactor: How to Drink Like an Ancient Greek
- Appetite City: Schrafft’s Cheese Bread
- The History Dish: Moose Face
- The History Dish: I Made Ambergris Ice Cream!
- The History Dish: Ambergris Ice Cream
- Eight Flavors: My Book is on Sale NOW!
- Eight Flavors: Country Captain Chicken
- The Perils of Assimilation: How what we eat makes us American, for better or worse.
- Eight Flavors: Data Visualization
- Gastropod: The Spice Curve – From Pepper to Sriracha with Sarah Lohman
- Lapham’s Quarterly: Pie Fight
- A Message for Thanksgiving: What We Can Learn from a Bowl of Chili
- Living History: Eating like an Italian Immigrant Family in 1919, Day 6
- Living History: Eating like an Italian Immigrant Family in 1919, Day 5
- Living History: Eating like an Italian Immigrant Family in 1919, Day 4