In my latest for Etsy, I hand-grind curry powder for the oldest curry recipe written in the English language. A brief history of curry, stretching back to the prehistoric ere, and more! Read it here.
Twice a month, with news and events.
- The History Dish: Ambergris Ice Cream
- The History Dish: Seven Hour Eggs
- Appetite City: Schrafft’s Cheese Bread
- The History Dish: Pearlash, The First Chemical Leavening
- Party Time Reenactor: How to Drink Like an Ancient Greek
- Origin of a Dish: Brooklyn Blackout Cake
- Origin of a Dish: Vanilla Ice Cream
- Drink Like a Colonial American Day
- The History Dish: Moose Face
- Chocolate Delight: Tunnel of Fudge Cake
- The Surprisingly Modern Advice to Women (And Opinions on Men) of Two 19th Century Writers
- Living History: Dream of the Rarebit Fiend
- Events: Masters of Social Gastronomy, The Soda of a Nation
- I’m Looking for a Fall Intern!
- The History Dish: Ice Cream with Tomato, Artichoke, and Peas
- Podcast: Cooking with Illicit Substances
- New Blog: The Savage and the Sage
- Podcast: We are SWEET on You: Sugar, HFCS, & Artificial Sweetners
- Podcast: Sriracha, Ghost Peppers, and The History of Heat
- Event: A Walking Tour of Little Tokyo!