In my latest for Etsy, I hand-grind curry powder for the oldest curry recipe written in the English language. A brief history of curry, stretching back to the prehistoric ere, and more! Read it here.
Twice a month, with news and events.
- Kitchen Histories: The Measuring Spoon
- Events: Bitters, Infusions and Simple Syrups: A Custom Cocktail Workshop
- The Gallery: MUFFINS! HOT MUFFINS! – City Street Vendors of the 19th Century
- Etsy Kitchen Histories: The Mortar and the Pestle
- Kitchen Histories: The Microwave Cookbook
- Drink Like a Colonial American Day
- The History Dish: 1001 Sandwiches
- Chocolate Delight: Tunnel of Fudge Cake
- Taste History Today: Ray’s Candy Store Egg Creams
- The Gallery: Washington Market, Thanksgiving Eve 1885
- The History Dish: To Make Hot Buttered Toast
- How Did This Happen?
- Etsy Kitchen Histories: The Indestructible Cast Iron Pan
- Events: Learn to Cook Over an Open Fire!
- Big Big News! I’m Writing a Book!
- Kitchen Histories: The Velveeta Grilled Cheese
- Events: Masters of Social Gastronomy is SWEET on You
- Gallery: Supermother’s Cooking with Grass Cookbook (1971)
- Events: From Pushcarts to Pizza Knishes
- Podcast: SANDWICHES