In my latest for Etsy, I hand-grind curry powder for the oldest curry recipe written in the English language. A brief history of curry, stretching back to the prehistoric ere, and more! Read it here.
Twice a month, with news and events.
- The History Dish: Seven Hour Eggs
- The History Dish: Ambergris Ice Cream
- Origin of a Dish: Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows (with a greatly improved recipe!)
- The History Dish: Pearlash, The First Chemical Leavening
- Party Time Reenactor: How to Drink Like an Ancient Greek
- Appetite City: Schrafft’s Cheese Bread
- Drink Like a Colonial American Day
- The History Dish: Moose Face
- Tomorrow: Living Life as a 19th Century Servant
- Origin of a Dish: Brooklyn Blackout Cake
- Etsy Kitchen Histories: The Gingerbread House
- Podcast: Thanksgiving!
- Drink Like A Pilgrim: Spruce Beer
- History Dish: Lima Beans and Bacon with Marshmallows
- Masters of Social Gastronomy: All-American Pie!
- Etsy: A History of Homebrew
- Podcast: The Rise of Chocolate
- What to do With That Leftover Etrog
- Podcast: Cocktails! The Blue Blazer, Shaken not Stirred, and More!
- Fall Events: Rationing, Candy History & Funeral Foods!