In my latest for Etsy, I hand-grind curry powder for the oldest curry recipe written in the English language. A brief history of curry, stretching back to the prehistoric ere, and more! Read it here.
Twice a month, with news and events.
- The History Dish: Seven Hour Eggs
- Origin of a Dish: Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows (with a greatly improved recipe!)
- The History Dish: Ambergris Ice Cream
- The History Dish: Pearlash, The First Chemical Leavening
- Appetite City: Schrafft’s Cheese Bread
- Party Time Reenactor: How to Drink Like an Ancient Greek
- Drink Like a Colonial American Day
- The History Dish: Moose Face
- Tomorrow: Living Life as a 19th Century Servant
- Origin of a Dish: Brooklyn Blackout Cake
- Masters of Social Gastronomy: Romance and Revenge, January 28
- Video: Cooking on Live TV and Not Embarrassing Myself!
- Lapham’s Quarterly: My Secret Life in 1848
- Podcast: Chinese Take-Out!
- Etsy Kitchen Histories: The Gingerbread House
- Podcast: Thanksgiving!
- Drink Like A Pilgrim: Spruce Beer
- History Dish: Lima Beans and Bacon with Marshmallows
- Masters of Social Gastronomy: All-American Pie!
- Etsy: A History of Homebrew